crossfire on the DEC-Alpha's with OSF/1

G'day,
	I've been trying to compile crossfire for the Dec Alpha's
and have got an executable, but running it generates the following
errors.  If anyone can suggest what I've done wrong, I would love to
hear from them.

	Karl.
	karlg@cit.gu.edu.au

ballet~/src/crossfire/crossfire-0.89.2/server/168 %crossfire
Welcome to CrossFire, v0.89.2, copyright (C) 1992 Frank Tore Johansen.
Maintained locally by: karlg@cit.gu.edu.au
Questions and bugs should be mailed to the above address.
Error: set_map called when mas was not in memory.
Error: set_omap called when mas was not in memory.
Error: set_map called when mas was not in memory.
Error: set_omap called when mas was not in memory.
Error: set_map called when mas was not in memory.
etc for quite a few more lines.