maps, archetypes, and everything

I upgraded our version of crossfire to 0.89.3/0.7 (the version of
crossfire contained within crossedit 0.7) a while ago (being a daring
sort of person :-).  I took the std release of maps with that.  Problem
is that most of the scrolls in the maps are broken (a scroll archetype
as opposed to a random_scroll archetype).

Well, I finally got fed up with that and went to grab the "converted
maps" found on madhatter FTP site.  They don't look particularly
converted to me!
1) They don't have the new names (e.g. steinblokk instead of bwall_0).
2) They have references to many archetypes which don't exist. (e.g. maps
within brittany).
3) The maps for the editor reference the following nonexistent archs:
	Couldn't find archetype note
	Couldn't find archetype gratedoor_1
	Couldn't find archetype gratedoor_2
	Couldn't find archetype crystal_ball
	Couldn't find archetype platinacoin
	Couldn't find archetype rod_light
	Couldn't find archetype rod_heavy
	Couldn't find archetype horn
	Couldn't find archetype horn2
	Couldn't find archetype cake
	Couldn't find archetype barrel
	Couldn't find archetype ggate_open
	Couldn't find archetype ggate_closed
	Couldn't find archetype ladder_up
	Couldn't find archetype ladder_down
	Couldn't find archetype ladder_bi_up
	Fatal: Too many errors

I then said, OK, I'll get the "chico" archetypes which was put into ifi
FTP site recently. That is s'posed to have all archetypes, plus extra
local to chico ones.  Well, no. It doesn't. That set of archetypes gives
me the following errors, and doesn't provide the missing archs...

	Warning, unknown (or oldfashioned) variable: unaggresive
	Warning, unknown (or oldfashioned) variable: no_move
	Couldn't find treasurelist jail
	Failed to link treasure to arch: randomitems
	Couldn't find treasurelist jail
	Failed to link treasure to arch: randomitems
	Couldn't find treasurelist jail
	Failed to link treasure to arch: randomitems
	Couldn't find treasurelist unicorn
	Failed to link treasure to arch: randomitem

Not so useful.
Is there ANYWHERE an up-to-date (0.89.3/0.7) set of maps, which comes
_with_ the correct assortment of archetypes?

Finally, for those running 0.89.3/0.7, there's a bug in the pet/friendly
monster code which I kept getting bitten by.  I don't know if this is
the correct patch (I don't understand all that's going on in that code),
but the following change seems to fix a large number of core dumps
relating to pets:
change line 329 of player.c from:
    if((ol->ob->contr->state&&ol->ob->type==PLAYER)
    if((ol->ob->contr&&ol->ob->contr->state&&ol->ob->type==PLAYER)

Also in this version of crossfire, the button_handle's don't always work
and I can't work out why.  You pull them, and they immediately reset
themselves, without changing the connected item.

Final thing (honest! :-): would it be possible to provide a better
mechanism for showing what objects are linked to levers, etc, within the
editor...?

Nick.

Nick Williams                          E-mail: njw@cs.city.ac.uk (MIME and ATK)
Systems Architecture Research Centre,  Tel: +44 71 477 8551
London, EC1V 0HB                       Fax: +44 71 477 8587