Re: Proposal (artifacts)

>  I remember this being discussed before.
>
>  There are a few problems.
>
>  What about a player that joins the game and has the same artifact
> another player does?  Do you remove one of them (pretty unfair
> if you do.)

If the unique struct is in place....this should never happen...........if for

>  If a player leaves the game, with an artifact, is that then removed
> from the unique list (which then means the situation above could happen.)

No...that is the purpose of the file that keeps track of unique weapons...even
if the game crashes....once restarted it would restore the unique list.

>  Also, on a server environment, it would mean that all of the artifacts
> could be snatched up.  Especially with the various large stores and
> stuff where artifacts can also be created.

This is the one problem with the sceme......possible solutions.......
Do not allow a player to carry more then say.....3 unique items at a time....

Make a server rule.....artifact hording...is not looked upon favorably :>
What the server gives...the dm takes away :>

Dedicate certain days as "kill the artifact horders day" :> just kidding.

Tyler.
Skud.