Re: LOS-- the final answer

On Thu, 14 Apr 1994, Philip Brown wrote:

> I proposed an answer for this in one of my messages, but I'm sure most
> people overlooked it in the flood.
>
> Can we agree to have client Line-of-sight as an option?

I think the in the server side the world creator should be able
to change the LOS to another kind LOS if it's fits the world
better. And in the server should also be able show other visiual
effects, hmm, I think the animation is is indeed visual effect
and it should be dynamic changeable by server as well as.

And if the LOS is optional for player, then who use it ?

btw. It seems not to be noticed, but it think when the clent/server
appears then the server will be modified to different worlds
in different hosts. The server code will be saparated. So the
client code sould be as much possible independend from the
server side. The protocol is the only interface between.

-- <A HREF="http://www.lut.fi/~hevi/">The Page</A> --