Re: cheating

That's only my five silver coins on that.

I think most of people who care about cheating, overestimate that.
If don't change the program, yet you can cheat.

If someone wants to change the client, he should do that. He could change the
server too, if he installs his private version.
In the next version of crossfire at least, he has to redo some of the work.

And if the people try to cheat by modifying the client, most of them will
recognize, that tey don't have the skills to do that.
On the other hand, in the next version of crossfire they have to redo some
of the work (ok: one goal of writing the client is to disconnect the developing of
the client from the development of the server.
But that's only part of the story and depends i.e. on how
frequently there is a need to change the protocoll. Most of the new versions of
crossfire will come with a new version of the client)

If LOS should be on the client, because it reduces the load on the server, we should
do so. And that should be the argument.
The possibility of cheating is not an argument.

I think most of the people only want to play.

MfG
Klaus