Re: TCP vs UDP

"Carl Edman" <cedman@cedman.remote.Princeton.EDU> writes:
> In the proposed protocol, there is no 'MOVE n' command.  Instead there
> is a 'MOVE <player-tag> <x-loc> <y-loc>'.  A server which receives this
> command will try and move the player to the named location as fast as
> possible by the straightest route.  Losing a packet under these
> circumstances can still be annoying, but it isn't quite as bad.
I'm not convinced this is a good idea.   How much does the server
"know" about when figuring out the fastest shortest route?  Does is
consider some squares could be bad to walk across[runes]?  Does it
consider you might want to run around a monster and not go next to it?
          -Eric
"It seemed like a good idea at the time"
           -The Mad Hatter
"Yes, you're very smart.  Shut up."
           -In "The Princess Bride"