Re: damages from various spells--balancing!

In message <199408150716.23733.surt.ifi.uio.no@ifi.uio.no>, Kjetil Torgrim Homm
e writes:

>Useful:
>  - magic bullet
  I have very little use for this spell.

>  - burning hands
>  - ice storm
>  - large fireball
These are awesome spells.

>Not useful:
>  - magic arrows (too little damage, and they never hit your target)
>  - lightning

  I must really disagree here.  Lightning is a VERY USEFUL spell.
It actually causes more damage to a map than small fireball,
but it's QUITE concentrated and controllable.  Someone else pointed
out the corridor-use of these.  Also, I feel terror when I see a
lightning bolt coming.  It sucks hp MUCH quicker than fireballs do...

PeterM