Re: Running on non-local servers

In message <9408141525.AA18904@tigris.nada.kth.se>, d89-pra@nada.kth.se writes:
>Hello everyone!
>
>I've been playing crossfire for awhile on our local installation. The game
>runs perfectly and is surprisingly fast. However, the game has so much more
>to offer if it's running continuously... (know what i mean?). My problem
>is that if I run it on some server in Europe it's too damn slow! Is there
>anything I can do to speed it up? I've tried using both crossclient and
>telnet with all sorts of flags and settings.
>
>					--Per

Crossclient and telnet are equivalent in speed for playing crossfire
right now.  No flags are really going to speed things up for you very
much, except the difference between font and xpm graphics.  Font
graphics are most certainly going to be quicker.

The reason is that crossfire's client isn't really a client right
now, the server simply sends over an X-window.

PeterM