Version 0.90.3 too tough?

Hi,

Yesterday I installed the new version of Crossfire, played it for a couple
of hours, and then promptly reinstalled version 0.90.2.

The reason for this is the new feature with runes on doors and chests.
Several times I managed to break a Rune of Summoning, with the result that
the city were crawling with golems, demons, and other beasts. Much to tough
for a level 1 character.

This new feature would sort of be OK if an easy way of detecting the runes
existed. But so far I haven't found any command to do it. If you have to
buy a Spellbook of detect rune (does it exist?), it still is much to tough.
How can you gather the necessary money, when you can not kick in any doors?
Not even the Beginners House on Central Square can be solved without
opening a couple of doors.

Can some kind soul inform me if I've misunderstood something? If not,
I and the other player (yupp, were only two addicted so far :-) on this
site will stay with version 0.90.2.

As a side note: Has this new feature been discussed? Who take the
decision for what to include in a new realease?

I have been playing for only a few days, but have already found
a lot of small and larger bugs in the game. Most of them are very
visible, like all the bugs in the weight-update of the inventory list.
And we have big problems with the removing of removed objects
(both version 0.90.2 and 3). I will probably gather a more specific
bug list and send to Mark later.

-jon