a few spoiler requests

Dear Dragonslayers,

I have been questing for a few weeks.  I have managed level nine.
I am the administrator of the systems where I work.  I have played
UNIX oriented D&D games for over 10 years.  I do not cheat (much).
I am playing crossfire v0.91.1 on Solaris 2.3.  GREAT GAME!!!!!!

OK, enough 'I' trouble.

1. When trying to apply scrolls of improve{chrisma|wisdom|strength...}
    the Gods want more potion{char|wisd|stre...}  what gives?

2.  A floorboard says 'drop 4000 gold'.  After lugging 4000 gold in
     there, no combination of dropping can open the gate.  Is the area
     just not finished?

3.  After figuring out Morks and Gorks, the other 'gate' in Morks fails
    to open.  Is there another puzzle in there?

There are many others that come to mind, but this is meant to be a generic
'can I get these types of answers here?' kind of post.

Thanks!