Re: plural archetype names.

+--- Mark Wedel:
| Why do this?  It would get rid if the need_ie field, as well as
| need_an field (singular object coudl be called an amulet, and plural
| would be amulets.)
+---

I think you were typing faster than you were thinking here :-) You'd
still need the "need_an", but "plural_name" is fine. A little faster,
more correct, and 4 more bytes in every object... ;-)

+---
| Another thing that would be nice to add is to let players name their
| objects.  This would be especially handy for rings and amulets, to
| name it ring of cha+1 or something.  Although, in the defines, you
| could also turn on FULL_RING_DESCRIPTION.
+-------

Actually, we should do away with ring of cha +1 and make them all into
artifacts (the new type defined in lib/artifacts). That was the
intention, anyway.

+--- Rupert G. Goldie:
| I would also like to see a way of limiting the number of child spell
| effects active at one time (ie I want to limit the number of bullets
| flying around from one wall to, say, 10 to stop the game from
| crawling because there are 200 bullets bouncing around reflectors)
+-------

Actually, I'd prefer to see a lifetime limit for every spell - ie. a
bullet can't go more than 100 squares - the time span could be
dependent on the player's wisdom if the caster is a player.

I might as well mentioned the old idea that _every_ generator could
have a limit of how many children it can generate. If keeping
refcounts is added (remember the problems with objects that have lost
their owner?), this can be implemented almost for free.

Kjetil T.