Re: er...xbmtoxpm???

 AS part of the XPM library, I believe there is a ppmtoxpm program, and
a reverse program as well (xpmtoppm).  These require parts of the
PbmPlus package to compile.

 The PbmPlus package has programs taht are called xpmtoppm and ppmtoxpm,
but these are apparantly meant for a different type of XPM file (maybe
real old version or something.)

 In any case, with the ppmtoxpm program, I do something like:

 xbmtopbm (bitmap file) | ppmtoxpm > (bitmap file).xpm

Also, some people sent me bugs saying that their version of libXpm did
not have XCreatePixmapFromBuffer.  If any of those people were able
to solve the problem via upgrading to the newest version of the XPM
library, could you send me mail and tell me what your old version was?
This way, I can put some note about it in the config.h file, so people
will know what the problem is (or what version of XPM they need.)

 --Mark