Generic maps

While I agree with Mark that it would be best to have man-made maps behind each
house in a town I think there is some justification for having generic houses.
Firstly, for 'realism' there should be a fair number of houses in a town, so
that leaves us with lots of houses to fill out.
Secondly, I find it kinda stoopid when you go into supposedly residential
houses and find that they are now the lairs of all sorts of monsters.
Maybe it's better just to leave 'boring' houses closed and have them just as
decoration for town maps, but I think there is a place for generic houses.

 They would also be a lot less irritating than the random encounter maps. I find
that the random maps just take up more time when I'm trying to go somewhere.
One time when I was wandering around the outside of a castle to see if there
where any other entrances I must have entered more than a dozen random maps
and I was totally pissed off by the end. At least with generic houses you can
choose to enter them and leave them again quickly.

Rupert