No Subject

The chico server we are running here was modified from the source that came
with crossedit. The Berkeley server, scotch, is also running from more or
less the same source. The differences from that code and the code that Frank
released are large. If you are going to release a new version, I suppose we
would want to merge the two versions before a release....this is a LARGE
project, and I am wondering if it would be a better use of time to just
move to client/server before the next release?

Tyler.
tvangod@ecst.csuchico.edu

----

 Even if client server happens in the next release, the crossedit 0.7
and crossfire 0.90a difference still need to be merged.

 I'll have to look at 0.90a and see how much has been changed.  One option
might be to take one of these distributions and set it as the new
standard, and slowly integrate the changes in the other version, if the
changes are major.

 Does anyone recall the common ancestor to these two programs?  Perhaps making
diffs from that to either crossfire 0.90a or crossedit 0.7 would be
the easiest way to join them up again, and have all the features of
both distributions.  (I guess Frank can say what version he used when
he started hacking on crossfire 0.90a, and the crossedit 0.7 team can
say the same thing..)

   Mark Wedel
master@rahul.net