Re: Crossfire on HP9000 (fwd) / and inventory naming

On Fri, 10 Jun 1994, Kjetil Wiekhorst J|rgensen wrote:

> Scott MacFiggen writes:
> >In message <199406092321.AA03634@bolero.rahul.net>you write:
> >> actually, one thing I noticed for X11R6, at least, is that comment
> >>lines should use XCOMM at the start.  I imagine this is supposed to be
> >>portable across all systems, where as the C style comments are not.
>
> > 	I believe that was standard in R5.  I'll have to  double check
> > with my Imake book when I get home.
>
> XCOMM was introduced with X11R5, but in X11R4 which is the X11 release
> delivered with most operation systems. So I don't think Crossfire
> should start using XCOMM as comments in Imakefiles, since that won't
> work with pre R5.

Somewhere in config's of X11R5 has been said

	#define XCOMM #
:)

But in X11R6 this is build-in, due the some preprosessors
do not think this way is fun.

I don't either prefer the use of XCOMM's, because I feel
the C comment are sufficient. The directory Imakefile's
should keep so simple that there are no need to very
descriptive commenting. The complexity should be put into
/config's files.

-- <A HREF="http://www.lut.fi/~hevi/">The Page</A> --