Re: Crossfire on HP9000 (fwd) / and inventory naming

> In message <199406100055.AA11070@bolero.rahul.net>you write:
> > I would prefer symbols (bitmaps/pixmaps) of some sort, or font
> >variations (maybe bold shows locked or equipped items).  This is because
> >right now, for objects that have long names, some of that stuff will
> >disappear off the edge (either its status, or its name/abilities).  So it
> >would be nice to minimize the amount of information that actually
> >gets appended to the item name.
> >
> >--Mark
> >
> 	I like your idea better, although I have no idea how
> fonts work in crossfire.  It will take a bit of hacking to figure
> it out.  Wanna give me a starting point?  To boldface a font do
> I need to make up a whole new set of fonts?
>
> 	-Scott

Font variation could be a bit difficult - particularly if you have a few.
Perhaps drawing a box around the item, or crosshatching behind (again
gets too messy if there are too many variations). How about putting the
(w) at the front of the name, so you always see it, or even making some
new bitmaps and drawing them right next to the item bitmap ?

Rupert