Re: config.h

From: "Rupert G. Goldie" <rgg@aaii.oz.au>

> I thouht it would be a good idea to make some of the options integral
> parts of the game. The following options are ones I think should be
> non-optional:
>
> SHOP_LISTINGS
> USE_LOS
> SHOW_SP_USAGE

yes.

> RESURRECTION
no, It's not used with NOT_PERMADEATH and last time I looked it there
was some bugs in it.

> CD_LINE_OF_SIGHT
Not sure about this, does anyone leave this out?

> FULL_RING_DESCRIPTION
Leave it optional. Maybe it should be fixed so that rings with title
are showed in short form (e.g. ring of Fire, not ring of Fire (pro: fire)).
Any comments?

I would add also SAVE_PLAYER since it hard to play without it and
it's used in code many places.

Maybe it would be would be enough to support only one compress
method. Defining COMPRESS to pointing compress isn't any meaning
since compress and gzip are checked anyway. Does anyone really
use two different compress program with crossfire?

> Anyone have big problems with this ?

It's good to have options but if they are the main part of a game
then I don't see any reason to use #ifdef's since it's hard to support
all the possible combinations.

One note to Mark: There's a following comment in config.h.
>/*
> *  It shouldn't be neccessary to change the following constants, but you
> *  are free at have a look at them 8)
> */
And after that there are options (like SPELLPOINT_LEVEL_DEPEND) which
seems to be normal configure options. So maybe those defines should be
moved around a bit.

  -Tero