Re: config.h

> Yep... if you have NO_PERM_DEATH on you don't need to have RESURRECTION
> on.  I don't know if it would generate more code or not to have it on but
> I still think it's nice to have all the flexability.  It took me maybe 3-4
> minutes to go through config.h.  I _REALLY_ don't think it's that
> difficult.  Spending a few minutes in there and the other header is a
> dream come true compared to some of the nightmares we used to go through.
> Used to take us a few hours to get x-fire running.  Now we can install a
> new version in about 20 minutes once we have it.  I'll suffer with the
> many options gladfully.

The problem isn't in configuring config.h for your site, it's the mess all
the #ifdefs make in the code. It makes it much harder to follow what the code
is doing and it makes errors a lot more likely (They also tend to be harder
to pick up as you may need the right combination of #ifdefs to cause the
problem). Nethack 2.3 had this problem as well and it made an absolute mess
of the code.

Rupert