Re: Skills!

>Writing games, even with computers capable of astonishing processing,
>is sometimes a matter of oversimplifying. Perhaps an appropriate
>oversimplification that would allow for weapon skills but would
>drastically reduce the info-tracking would be to simply go with a
>fairly standard set of weapon-types --- bashing, slicing and
>stabbing....

This could perhaps be taken into account in the damage done. Slashing
weapons will remove your arm in a robe but will bounce off a plate
mail. If we some day when the TODO list is empty (rrrrright) equip all
the monsters with the proper equipment and give them weapons they
wield instead of just stacking items on them and increasing their
damage, this is a great idea. As for now, very few monsters are
equipped with the equipment they should have.

- Bjorn