Re: your mail

On Thu, 2 Jun 1994, akshay srinivasan wrote:

> I have seen some players over here pull some funny moves to kill hard mosters.
> They will bring in dummy players and then quit them at strategic sites around
> the moster.  Since they have not completely left the game the monster is blocked
> by them but cannot hurt them.  Now other live players safely kill the monsters
> from a distance.  No use limiting them to one dummy character each as they will
> find others to help them do it.  Some recoding of the quit command maybe??
>
> Thanks
> Ripclaw
> (Lev 14; Maintainer)

Here's the method I use to discourage cheating of any sort.  If I see you
doing it, I kill your login shell which nicely logs you out of the system
and then nuke there character file.  Really quite effective... people tend
to catch on _REAL_ quick.

      | This message courtesy of:  | You bore me to death         |
      |                            | So shut up for God's sake    |
      |       Jeff Judkins         | Stop reading me the riot act |
      | judkinsj@erau.db.erau.edu  | While my brains still intact |
           Kill'em all and then just let God sort out the mess.