Re: xpm slow?

>     For any who doubt that X is fast enough, just get xmris from
>     ftp.x.org:/contrib, compile it up and have a go...
>
> I like acm myself.. but it takes a gx board on my sparc 1 to make it
> playable :-/

Oh man - you should see it on our Sparc IPXs (Sparc 2's with 32 MB RAM)
it really flies, if you'll pardon the pun! What kills it is network speed,
which is the problem crossfire also has, but the problem that xmris
avoids by being only a 1 player game ;-)

Sy

PS spoilers should be available on the WWW by the end of the day,
thanks to lots of help from Kjetil Homme himself. Check out

	http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk:/Fun/

later in the day for the spoilers in html form...