Re: xpm slow?

A 2cents worth comment:

I don't know that much about X programming, however I know it's not
impossible to get good performance out of displaying graphics.  You just
need to look at other games such as xmris (uses internal RGB structures,
as opposed to XPMs) or xboing (uses XPMs) both of which provide good
animation.   xmris *definitely* shows off that X *can* be used to write
games in: it's graphics & animations are brilliantly just like the
arcade game....

For any who doubt that X is fast enough, just get xmris from
ftp.x.org:/contrib, compile it up and have a go...

Nick Williams, Systems Architecture Research Centre, City University,
London, EC1V 0HB.  UK.

Web: http://web.cs.city.ac.uk/finger?njw
E-mail: njw@cs.city.ac.uk (MIME and ATK)
Work Telephone: +44 71 477 8551