Re: Monster Protection

 Several artifact weapons have attack types other than physical.

 Like the darkblade attacks with 'weaponmagic'.  This means monsters
immune to physical can be damaged with it.

 Other artifacts have attacktypes of 'fire' or cold (firebrand and
frostbrand I believe).  I don't think any of these artifact weapons that
have fire or cold also have magic.  Thus, a creature that is protected
from magic, but has no protection from fire or cold, would take full
damage.