Re: Crossfire on free unices

 Crossfire still uses floats for quite a bit of stuff.  That will probably
change - at least somewhat.  I don't think floats will ever be complete
removed, because they still make the coding easier, and if they did
not exist, they would need to be emulated (ie, divide integer by 1000).

 While this may be better on machines that lack fpu support, I don't know
if it would be faster on machines that can do fast floating point, and
could be slower.

 What is going to be done is more in trying to reduce the number of
operations that need to be done each time around - isntead of adding a float
to a float for each active object each tick, it will be arranged so that
integer comparissons are done, and the float is used when the object
actually moves.

 --Mark