Re: Suggestions for crossfire change.

> From crossfire-request@ifi.uio.no Wed May 25 11:19:31 1994
> Date: Tue, 24 May 94 21:10:43 -0400
> From: jimdipalma@PTC.COM (Jim Dipalma)

> I brainstormed while re-reading a number of posts and thought
> of the following suggestions for crossfire change...
>
> limit magical bonuses from prepare weapon scrolls
>     attributes +4 and natural +6 don't know about speed,weight,damage...

This should definitely be done.

> limit a players total magical bonuses (from equipment worn) to
>     their level, and the total magical bonus of carried weapons
>     to some multiple of this (Frodo struggled with on ring of
>     invisibility, but my character carries around 13 rings)
>     ex- my wiz is carrying: amulet ac+2, taifu+3, ring con+1 wis+1
>     speed +1, ring of Ice, chainmail+3, helmet+2, shield+2; thats
>     +16 and I am only 9th level.

I'm not so keen on this one. Maybe have bad/wierd things happen if you have
too much magic on you. (some monsters are more attracted to players radiating
magic, or some new type of monster occasionally teleports close to high magic
players ?)

> Change max ability levels based upon class.  Fighters should have
>     increased max hit points, wizards should have increased max
>     spell points.
>
> Devise minor abilities/skills for each class.  Fighters should be
>     harder to scare in battle..protection from fear.
>
> Assume some level dependent training.  Fighters wc and damage
>     increases per level should be greater than a wizards (whose
>     might be 0), Wizards could automatically learn spells with
>     a level increase.  Guilds would have to be implemented to
>     delay these bonuses until after melee.

Maybe on these. They could be blended with PeterM's proposal if we go that
way. I also think guilds could add something (it would certainly stop people
from munching through an unbalanced room and walking out with several new
levels).

> Sell/purchase differences in classes.  Fighters should know more
>     about purchasing weapons/shields/armour, Wizards about wands/
>     spellbooks/scrolls, Clerics about potions, thieves about gems.

This could also be ok as long as it doesn't unbalance the different classes.

> Equipment switching delay.  If a character switches armour then
>     they should transition through a periods of NO armour(original
>     armour can be immediately put back on until new armour is fully
>     on; accidental clicking is a problem with or without this
>     feature).  Delay should be armour dependent.

Yeah, cool. I think Nethack does this.

> Fix charisma bonuses.  The difference between 10-30 charisma
>     should be ~50%.  People might invest in charisma potions
>     and rings and stuff, but wizards wouldn't get such a huge
>     advantage for having 100 spell points and a charisma spell.
>

> 			-jim

Yeah, it looks like charisma could be tweaked a bit.

Rupert