Re: Improve weapon scrolls

Mark Wedel writes:
 >  you sure can - the Enchant Weapon scroll will increase the magic of
 > the weapon by 1.  In the case of the taifu, the magic is also used to
 > determine teh ac bonus.

This looks a bit too easy to me, i.e. all you need is a lot
of money (resp. diamonds pearls etc.) and the right scrolls and
you can get a weapon that unbalances the game.

The restrictions that only the person that uses the prepare weapon
scroll can use the weapon and that you can't enchant beyond your level
are nice (read: absolutely essential), but how about a bit of extra
risk ?

In nethack the probability of overenchanting increases with the level
of enchantment. This wouldn't have to lead to the destruction of the
weapon, but maybe could reduce the enchantment or curse the weapon or
some other little nasties (as well as wasting all those precious
gems...).

Regards,
	Greg