Re: Charisma and charm-spells

>Perhaps having a high charisma would help against certain types of
>spell effect, like fear or something?

As the system is now, I believe fear is based on the cha of the
person/monster casting it, so if you're way ugly and try to scare
someone, they run their pants off. But if we make the resistance to
fear dependent upon charisma, Willy the Warthog from Hell just cannot
scare Benjamin the well-dressed Son of his Father who has a Great Deal
of Money, but as soon as Benjamin utters the word "Boo", Willy loses
his marbles and curls up in the opposite corner.

I don't think this is the way we want it.

>[...] why not add a few "charm" based spells, where a charmed character
>or monster walks around randomly and slowly for a short period of time -
>similar in a way to running away when affected by a fear spell. A high
>char would give increased resistence to charm based spells...

I believe there exists a friendly, or maybe even pet_move flag, how
about setting this flag on the monsters that are affected by the
spell? I really like the idea of charm-spells. Ray of Charm, Mass
Charm. Players cannot be charmed, and resistence is a magic-save,
modified by CHARISMA. Yes, a use for the stat.

Obviously, Igor would fancy Cindy Crawford. Equally obvious is the
fact that Cindy (probably, who's got luuv figured out anyway) wouldn't
fancy Igor all that much. Meaning: If Cindy casts a charm spell on
Igor, he nearly automatically succumbs to her spell. Igor, on the
other hand, would need ten arms and a hundred fingers packed with
cha+2-rings to have even a slight chance of succeeding.

Comments, suggestions, other ideas? Original idea by Sy.

- Bjorn