Re: Converting XPM to GIF problem

 Well, I am not responsible for compilation of other programs, and
whether or not you have a messed up X11 installation.

 For example, if someone can not compile gcc (which they need to
compile crossfire since they lack a native ansi C compiler), it is not
me that they should send mail to on how to compile gcc.

 Likewise, xpmtoppm is not a program distributed or in any way
associated with crossfire, except it can prove handy.  Where to look
in the xpmtoppm program to find its definition of where it expects
the rgb.txt file, or where that file is actually installed on your
system is not my problem.  You will need to look through the files
(and config options) of xpmtoppm and your system to see where the
appropriate files are.  IF you lack the knowledge or ability to
do this, then contact your sysadmin or talk to someone who might
know the answers (whoever maintains xpmtoppm if you can't find the
seeting for the color database lcoation, or your site administartor
for the location of the file.)

 My message was meant to state it was not any problem with the
xpm images distributed with crossfire, but rather your installation
of xpmtoppm.  It is up to you to get that correct.

 --Mark