Re: Misc thoughts.

In message <MM.782042383.16905.baugi@ifi.uio.no>, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F8rn_Georg_
Ludvigsen?= writes:

>I think this is a great idea. Wizards could have all the major
>destructive spells, mages could have a variety, some destructive and
>some conjuring, priests could have the major healing spells, some

At most, I think, I would give some path attuned/repelled to classes,
and make the bonuses/penalties bigger.  Five levels really isn't much,
nor is 20% on the sp.

>conjuring and perhaps some offensive spells, clerics could have some
>healing and the major prayer-offensive spells, ninjas could have some

I had envisioned clerics only having the power to cast offensive spells
vs. evil monsters:  demons and undead.  Their other offensive spells would
be roughly twice as expensive as using a mage spell, and no cone or
ball spells applicable to anything but demons/undead.

>I think all classes should have spells.

With a 4-skill area system all would.  :)  They could be made to
have varying aptitude, however.

>One could to it in two steps: first, divide all the spells into spells
>and prayers. Then, decide which classes get prayers and which get
>spells. One COULD of course let some classes have both, but that'd be

All classes had both:  path_attuned, path_repelled.

>But, eventually somebody WOULD turn up with that all-too-powerful
>weapon, and that server is fu*ked up.

What?  One person has a powerful weapon and the whole server
is fucked up????  Huh?

PeterM