Re: Status of xfire. Client/server 3d.

Jason Venner <jason@idiom.berkeley.ca.us> writes:

>Why does everyone beat up on X performance.

>I have found X to be faster than most specific window/graphics systems
>- that do not have specialized hardware support that X can not use.

X performance on a standalone machine or with something not running over
the net is fine, great, wonderful, assuming you have a reasonable
processor.  It's when you start sending X calls over ethernet or, even
worse, long distances that it gets to be a problem.

--
Is the RISC processor appropriate for senior citizens?  Hello!!  Is
anybody home?!!				--Dogbert