Re: Freezing distribution.

Mark Wedel wrote:

>  It has been suggested to me that I should not make any new releases
> of crossfire until the client/server is fully complete.
>
>  The idea being that other developers would work more on the client/server
> tahn if new releases came out.
>
>  Before I actually do this, I would like to here from people one way
> or the other - preferably people who presently do work on the crossfire
> code.

If the client/server stuff doesn't take too long, then this is probably a
good idea. It may be an idea to make some beta releases so people can test
the client/server, but either name them beta releases (crossfire-0.92.beta1),
or only make them available to a few people.

 There seems to be a bit of momentum gathering for the client/server, so it
would be a good idea to focus on it for a bit and get it written. Also, the
faster it is written, the less likely it is that someone is going to make
changes against 0.91.5 which will probably not patch well against the
client/server version. BTW, are you planning on keeping the current X
interface in the code for a while, or are you going to rip it out totally ?

Rupert