Re: Alignment...

Ken wrote:
[loads of good stuff about citizenship munged...]
>                                            The shortcoming (or
>maybe not) of this implementation would be that it would be
>possible for users to become citizens of more than one place.
In our world it is possible to have dual (or more) citizenship,
so why not, if you can complete tasks for more than one citystate,
be a citizen of more than one? (Solution to this, if you want
single citizenship only, is to put an 'anti-lock' on the quest,
so that someone who is already a citizen of somewhere else cannot
enter the quest maps!?)

>Unlike alignment, which would affect virtually all existing maps,
>the notion of citizenship could be introduced gradually in new maps
>and added to existing ones as seen fit.  One obvious initial
>candidate would be ships--i.e you wouldn't be able to take a ship
>to a city unless you were a citizen of the destination city.
Very nice solution. However, it's not the responsibility of the captain
of a ship to restrict access to a place, it is more the responsibility
of immigration officers - so you might have an immigration office at
the exit from the harbour? (or dragon-port!)
One question tho', how do you get to a city you're not a citizen of, if
you wish to complete the quest for that city?

Ben.
| _|--|_   o   | Disclaimer: I've got a baby, and I don't know what to do! |
|   vv    / \  |    But then, does anyone? :-)   |     btk@aber.ac.uk      |