Re: Minimum for map making?

In message <9409130242.AA25149@paprika.cs.adelaide.edu.au>, Craig Spencer write
s:
>Just out of interest, does anyone know what is the minimum required to be able
>to use crossedit fully.
>I have some people here who want to design maps, but have restrictions on
>memory.
>
>	Thanx in advance,
>				Craig.

I just did a quick test of this.
The Xserver grew to be 4.9 meg in size on the machine I was using as
a console, of which 3 Meg was resident.  It had been about 644k resident
before this.

crossedit used 2.7 megs of ram on the machine I was running it on.

The Xserver memory you probably don't have to pay for.
The 2.7 megs you DO have to pay for.

2.7 megs does not seem all that out-of-line.

I had one large map up during this test.  This test was done on a sun4
system with -g -O compiler flags.

I would guess that if you're using a system which has less than 12 megs
of RAM, you're screwed:  also if you must share the mahine.

Regards,

PeterM