Re: Stormbringer is wimpy

In message <199409080751.AA04758@bolero.rahul.net>, Mark Wedel writes:

> As such, it is impposible to create the + of a weapon that is higher
>level than the character.

Well, you get your level +5.

> As for removing stat maximums:  Is this saying that stats can go above
>30, or that as long as your drink potions, your stats will keep goin
>up?

  Your stats can go higher than 30, your maximum intrinsic stat is
still capped.  Why not fix the bonus after 30?  So bonus(29-->30)=
bonus(30-->31)?  If we do this, though, we really DO have to make
it cost 72 potions to get to +6<stat>, not 12 potions in steps of 2.

Under this system I cannot see anyone getting his stats much above
40 no matter what he does.  You can get a wizard to int 29 with Rings of
High Magic and a Helm of brilliance.  30 with Beelzebub's sword.
To get to int 40 would require a sword +11, or
242 int potions.  To get to 41 would require, +12.... 40 odd more potions.

Regards,

PeterM