Re: Stormbringer is wimpy

Several years ago I played nethack through to the end, and at the
end my character was the most powerful thing around, and I got bored
and didn't have to be careful.

After that I played Moria to about the same level, but found that
I still had to tiptoe carefully around Ancient Multi-hued Dragons,
since they could cause more damage in one round than my Hp. I did kill
a few AMHD's, but it took luck and skill (and a lot of running away).

While there is a nice feeling to being all-powerful, I think it
spoils the game. I played Moria longer at a high level than nethack
and found crossfire via a gopher search when I was looking for
an up-to-date version of Moria (it found Moria-like in the description).

Regards Adrian