Re: How can I get Crossfire running on a Sun 4?

Peter Mardahl wrote:
> I have 91.4 running on a sun4/260 running sunos4.1.1, no problem, no
> special work done.

I've compiled all recent versions of crossfire with no problems on a sparc
running 4.1.2 or 4.1.3.

> >  o What windowing system are you using (Ie, openwindows, X11R6, etc)
> >
> >    X11R5 with the OpenWindows window manager olvwm
>
> Humm.  I'm using X11R6 and xdm/twm.  I never had any problem with X11R5 though.

 I've used R5 and R6.

> >    #define ForceCCOPTIONS -ansi -O -g -fno-builtin -Wall -nostdinc -I/usr/l
oc
> >al/apstools/external/cygnus/devo/H-sun4/lib/gcc-lib/sun4/ericsson/include -I
/u
> >sr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/openwin/include -DStupidSunHeaders
>
> Wow.  I give it -O and -g and it works fine.  Humm.

I never give ForceCCOPTIONS. I just let it use the X imake defaults. I suspect
your problem, though, is the -I/usr/openwin/include. This will quite probably
break things if you are using the X11R5 libs. Either don't use ForceCCOPTIONS
or use -I/usr/local/X11R5/include (or your equivalent) instead of openwin.

--
Rupert G. Goldie, Research Scientist                rgg@aaii.oz.au
Australian Artificial Intelligence Institute