Regular core dumps

I'm getting really fed up with crossfire regularly core-dumping, so I've
been looking around at this [instead of saying "oh, it always
core-dumps" and ignoring it...].

The most common core-dump is caused by the MANY_CORES being defined, and
an abort() happening when remove_ob() is called on a previously removed
object.  I've pored over the code and core dumps for quite a while, and
I can't see any reason why this should occur.  Specifically, the abort
happens when swapping out a map and removing all objects associated with
the map.  I'm not sure if it's always the case, as I haven't enough of a
sample yet, but it seems to usually be that it's removing an item which
is inside a chest which is inside an iceblock. Kind of thing.

Has anyone tracked down this bug? Fixed it? Know anything about how to fix it?

How stable is the system without MANY_CORES defined?

Nick Williams, Systems Architecture Research Centre, City University,
London, EC1V 0HB.  UK.

Web: http://web.cs.city.ac.uk/finger?njw
E-mail: njw@cs.city.ac.uk (MIME and ATK)
Work Telephone: +44 71 477 8551