Re: Problem with crossfire-0.91.7

On Thu, 13 Apr 1995, tuan (t.) doan wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    I'm getting three types of error that's causing a coredump:

> Not enough colours. Trying a private colourmap.
> Error creating pixmap /bnr/users/flash1/common/games/crossfire/crossfire-0.91.7/
> lib/crossfire.pix.1, error -4.
> Error code BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)
> Error code BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)
> Error creating pixmap /bnr/users/flash1/common/games/crossfire/crossfire-0.91.7/
> lib/crossfire.pix.2, error -4.
> Error code BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)
> Error code BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)
> Error creating pixmap /bnr/users/flash1/common/games/crossfire/crossfire-0.91.7/
> lib/crossfire.pix.3, error -4.
> Error code BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)
> Error code BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)
> Error creating pixmap /bnr/users/flash1/common/games/crossfire/crossfire-0.91.7/
> lib/crossfire.pix.4, error -4.
> Error code BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)
> Error code BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)
> Error creating pixmap /bnr/users/flash1/common/games/crossfire/crossfire-0.91.7/lib/crossfire.pix.5, error -4.
> Error code BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)
> Error code BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)

Well for these I, just reset my background screen to gain more colors
that crossfire can allocate.  Did you ever try .xpm's for the colors.
Make sure that you are not running Mosaic or Netscape will trying to run
Crossfire this will give these sort of errors
hope this helps.

> SIGSEGV received.
> Emergency saves disabled, no save attempted
> Over 10 item locks in map /city/city!
> Can't open items file /bnr/users/flash1/common/games/crossfire/crossfire-0.91.7/
> lib/unique-items/city@city.v10

Just create the directory unique-items and it won't spit at you about
this.

> SIGTERM received
> Emergency saves disabled, no save attempted
> Object slime has no speed, but is on active list
>
> SIGBUS received
> Emergency saves disabled, no save attempted
>
> Any idea how to fix/prevent them?  Also, anyone know where I can get the
> source to the unix 'patch' program?
>
> Thanks,
>
>  __  __/  /   /   __  /    |   /    Tuan T. Doan
>     /    /   /   /   /   / |  /     IEC Layer Testing and Advance Technology
>    /    /   /   __  /   /  | /      2201 Lakeside Blvd.  P.O. Box 833871
> __/  ______/ __/ __/ __/  __/       Richardson, TX 75083-3871
> "It's a kind of magic" -Highlander  Phone: 214-684-4575   Fax: 214-684-3716
> Internet:  tdoan@bnr.ca             WWW: http://47.53.64.96/tdoan/tdoan.html

Evan Klinedinst CS @ Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech Hokies-The NIT champions!!!!!!!
eklinedi@vt.edu
eklinedi@axposf.pa.dec.com
eklinedi@csugrad.cs.vt.edu
http://csugrad.cs.vt.edu/~eklinedi/index.html