Re: Help - Firewalls

> I believe there is a program called 'xroute' which will let you route
>X11 traffic through a firewall.
>
> However, I am pretty sure that you need to run thus (and thus have access)
>on the firewall machine.  Many sites seem to try to limit the number of
>accounts on the firewall machine.
>
> --Mark

	I have access on our sun. I think that the gateway to the university
is firewalled, does that make any sense? If so would I have to have access
to the gateway?
	It seems that to use xroute I need access to a root or privliged
account on the universitys UNIX system, and I have neither. I have also
found that our machine is not officialy behind a firewall, we can telnet
etc out from it, and the port 25 which our mail port can be accessed from
outside the firewall. All of the other ports are closed from outside access
our anyone not on the campus. If anyone is really knowledgable with xroute
drop me a line, I need all the help I can get. :)

					Thanks,
					    Andrew Tanner.