Re: Acid from Green Slimes

On Aug 7,  4:43pm, Peter Mardahl wrote:
> Subject: Re: Acid from Green Slimes
> In message <4E3EA27B85@management.wharton.upenn.edu>, "Alexis Muhly" writes:
>
> >Ack! I tried to attack some green slimes under Goblin Island and
> >watched in horror as my shield and helm were corroded.. Whats up?? I
> >had a ring of acid readied which professed to protect against acid
> >attacks! Is there anyway to safely destroy these monsters?? Fire
> >wands ?? Icestorm wands??
>
> I apologize if this question has been answered on the list already.
>
> "Protection" is not "immunity".  You are just less likely to lose items
> when you have this ring, not immune from loss.
>
> Acid spheres may only be destroyed by physical assault or by the power of
> a god, as far as I know.
>
> Which means that arrows and magic bullets (which have a physical attack),
> and possibly the cause harm suite of cleric spells will work.
>
> PM
>
>-- End of excerpt from Peter Mardahl

 Actually, I think some clarification needs is in order.

 If you are protected, you will take less damage, but your items are in now way
better protected.  The item that gives you the protection is better protected,
however.

 If you are immune, you won't take damage, but as above, it does nothing for
your items.  The item that grants immunity will not be harmed in any way.

 If you are both immune and protected, then your items are fully protected.

--
 --Mark