Re: treasure items...? wanderers?

On Thu, 10 Aug 1995, Mark Wedel wrote:

>  I think Petri was saying that there really is not any thing around to have
> NPC's wander around.
>
>  Simple movement would not be hard (one of the docs even suggests that it
> exists, but I don't know if it works..)  However, to get NPC's to wander from
> town to town would be very difficult (it would require that the NPC knows the
> path, and that information would need to be stored someplace.)
>
>  Perhaps if the message handling/npc action (right now, the the saying/matching
> code) is improved, it could also include code to actually have NPC's move.
>  However, I think it will always be difficult (it coudl become a major AI
> undertaking..)
>

> --
>  --Mark

	You could have a list of "Global" wandering monsters (so that you
don't have to run all monsters in the game universe all the time), and
then you could just enable these monsters to use exits.  I think that they
will wander around just fine on a fairly random algorithm.

						-Kris Bosland
						 krisb@seattleu.edu