Re: summoning

 It then might be a wise change to make it so you can't summon multi square
monsters.

 What problem I see is that you summon a large multi square monster.  You then
wander into a map that has a constricted size (say many of the shops.)  Now
you can't get to the exit to leave the shop, because the monster is on top
of it, and you can't switch places with the monster.

 Thus could be true on other maps also, where the entrance is a small
room. (in these cases, nothign short of death of your pet monster will solve
the problem).  Or maybe killing your pet isn't a big issue, but
is doesn't seem necessary.

 In theory, exchange place with a small monster shouldn't necessarily be
a sure thing either.  But in general, I am of the thought that the reason
you can't occupy the same space as the monster is because he doesn't want
you there, and because it woudl otherwise become more a problem of logistics
on how attacks would otherwise be determined.  In theory, on some friendly
monsters, you should probably be able to occupy the same space as they do,
if they so desried it.

 --Mark