traveller's guide to the crossfire world

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say "thanks" to all those who have offered advice on
how to take on large wizards - I haven't tried it yet because I've
been pretty busy at work since yesterday when I sent the original
message. Anyhow, I'm now looking forward to my first victory over a
wizard!

My next question is: what is everyone's favourite place (map) to
play on? I've been doing an awful lot of wandering around, and it
looks like I've been to most of the obvious places, and many of
the not-so-obvious too. If I was a tourist in the crossfire world,
and you were a resident, where would you recommend I go?

I'm particularly interested in quests, higher-level tricky situations,
and cleverly put together maps. My character has now got to 18th level,
so harder maps would be better, although intersting enough lower-level
maps would be cool to know about too.

Why don't we put together a short list of "interesting places to go",
a kind of top 10 of crossfire maps? We could even distribute the list
with the crossfire source to give newbies (and not so newbies!) some
idea of where to look.

Contributions to the list please; I'll make sure a note of them all
is taken and I'll produce a list of any suggestions.

Thanks once again in advance,

Sy (aka Sten the barbarian)