Re: wizard fighting tips?

> Drink potions immune fire and immune cold and use scroll protection
> from lightning. That should about do it.  Although your level is a bit
> low to be fighting those wizards.

Well, the potions work fine against fire and cold, but to the best of
my knowledge, there is no way to get immunity to lightning, except
maybe for a shield/amulet of reflecting (wish I could find one!).  Or
cheating, of course.  My 23rd level elf has a helm of Uriel (which
provides protection from lightning), but I still lose hp very quickly
when hit by lightning bolts (dead in few seconds, typically).  I tried
taking on a single wizard the other day (in the "nasty house" in
Brest, as I recall) and exhausted all my spell points (with a ring of
Elrond and a fully charged crystal), several wands, and several times
temporarily maxed out a wand/rod or two.  I finally had to give up.  I
could have just used immunity potions and taken him on with my sword
(+7), but I couldn't withstand the lightning (the single-width hallway
didn't help any there).  Before I try again, I will get at least one
more magic power crystal (just one's been enough up to now) and make a
new sword which does a lot more damage (on the order of 100 dam or
so).  And hope that's good enough.  And keep a finger on the "heal"
key in case he uses lightning.

-Michael