Re: remarks on implementation of various skill proposals

> >	Well. How about exp for healing monsters? Missonary work :)
>
> Also abusable, i assume this was a joke though.

Yeah, you could imagine finding a solitary monster and then attacking
and healing it over and over.

> That's true.  But you won't gain exp indefinitely.  After you reach a certain
> level, you will get no exp. from killing easy monsters.  No exp at all.

You could exclude the requirement of cutoffs by reworking the
experience/level tables so that higher levels take a *lot* more
experience (goes up sort of exponentially, maybe in base 2?), like in
AD&D.  Once your fighting ability is reasonably high, for example, it
will take you a *long* time to advance further by killing easy monsters.
No pain, no gain.

> Neither do I have a problem with that.  I'd award it based on dungeon
> level and spell level, and sp.  After all, if they cast a light spell successfully,
> it counts as practice and should go to mage experience.  And if they're
> lame enough to stand around doing light spells all the time, well, they'll
> find lots of other ways to cheat too.

Right.  Make each spell have a different amount of experience gained
(in successful casting), so a powerful mage would have to cast a *lot*
of light spells to gain much experience, but those destruction spells
could boost you quickly.  :)

Changing the experience tables should be easy enough.

-Michael