Re: lighting

> Akshay writes:
>
> I have applied Brian Thomas's lighting patch with the all the relevant arch's
> and crossfire has compiled fine.  I started up crossedit and made a little test
> area (16x16) and set its darkness to 5 (that should be blind).  I then came in
> as a player into the map and could still see.  I was expecting to be able to
> see nothing.  I looked at the map file and the only thing special about it is
> that it has invisible set to 5 (there is no darkness flag).  Can Brian or
> someone who has figured out how to use it correctly clue me in on its usage.

	Hmm.  Well, did you really go into player mode? If you are still
	dm, then you will have the "super X-ray" vision still. As for the
	map darkness flag, I opted to use the "map object" to store the
	information about darkness. No object has a "darkness" field, so
	I stored the information in mapobj->invisible. This practice is
	used to store other map information such as preset map difficulty.

	Did you try to use the premade maps I sent with the code? Did
	you find a similar problem? Anyone else have this problem?

					b.t.