Re: Goldcity maps

> From: mwedel@pyramid.com (Mark Wedel) writes:
>
>  Goldcity archetypes:  Briant supplied them to me quite a while ago, but
> I decided not to incorporate them since they aren't needed unless you also
> have the maps.  And the maps really didn't sem to be ready for use (you
> had a continent and cities with shops, but nothing to really do there.)
>
>  IS goldcity something good enough that it should be incorparted as part
> of the standard map distribution (and thus, also put the archetypes
> in?)

	Well, I have implemented a full (high-level) quest for it.
	However, the quest is not really integrated into the city
	itself. MY overall feeling is that the maps are not yet
	ready for release, but if there are enough people who want
	to use them, then please include them in the next distribution.

	I have newer maps, than the spares in the distribution. The
	latest maps can be aquired from ftp.astro.psu.edu in pub/thomas/maps.

	I have been so absolutely busy with my work and real life that
	all of my crossfire time got sucked up with programing (lately)
	the lighting and gods code. In the future, I would like to
	wrap up the skills code (throwing skill once and for all!) and
	introduce an alchemy code (I meantioned a few months back). Only
	then will I go back to finishing the maps (Jan?). Not sure. I
	am close to having another quest finished however so perhaps that
	will draw me back into map development.

						b.t.