Re: Getting into a crossfire game

[Matt Cortes]

|   I agree. Its very poor to set it up that why. COuldn't some
|   automated security be taken on by crossfire itself? Its a major
|   hole for a popular game. There is enough holes in unix to worry
|   about already. :>

You have to trust the maintainer of the crossfire server, there is no
getting around that fact. It's not hard to abstain from giving him/her
confidential data, though -- just log out after you are done playing,
and don't type in real passwords while you play.

Of course, with a _real_ client/server, you can do security right.
Unfortunately, there's a lot more interest in talking about it than
actually doing it.

Kjetil T.