Re: Nine Gates Of Hell

In message "Re: Nine Gates Of Hell",
'peterm@langmuir.EECS.Berkeley.edu' writes:

>> Just use a few spells of wall of lightning and place them around the
>> jessy, after the server almost comes to a halt he wil be dead in no time.
>>

>I thought Jessy's were immune to practically everything, except for
>weaponmagic and clerical spells.  Immune, specifically, to magic,
>and therefore, lightning spells.
>
>Looking at his immunity, I think he's immune to:
>Turning, paralysis, slow, poison, ghosthit,
>drain, acid, confusion, cold, fire, magic and physical.
>
>Electricity is NOT on this list, however, electricity
>is usually || magic.
>
>And the following code segment from attack.c would seem
>to indicate that Jessy's are therefore immune to all
>lightning spells not born of Godpower.
>
>    /*
>     * Magic is special, if immune to it, immune to everything containing it
>     * Otherwise, only immune if immune to every attacktype included.
>     */
>    if (!newtype || (newtype == AT_MAGIC && newtype != type) ||
>      (op->immune & AT_MAGIC && type & AT_MAGIC))
>      return 0;
>

>Is "wall of lighting" broken so that it isn't || magic?
>

>Regards,
>
>PeterM

I think whoever created the 9 hells does not meant for Jessy to be killed;
and indeed you do not have to kill him to get they key (which is your objective)
Fear works great!

Regards,

 __  __/  /   /   __  /    |   /   Tuan T. Doan
    /    /   /   /   /   / |  /    IEC Layer Testing and Advance Technology
   /    /   /   __  /   /  | /     2201 Lakeside Blvd.  P.O. Box 833871
__/  ______/ __/ __/ __/  __/      Richardson, TX 75083-3871
"It's a kind of magic" -Highlander Phone: 214-684-4575   Fax: 214-684-3716
Internet: tdoan@bnr.ca        WWW: http://47.53.64.96/mci/users/tdoan/tdoan.html