Re: improvement scrolls

> On Oct 25,  3:54pm, Arne Wichmann wrote:
> > Subject: Re: improvement scrolls
> > Also sprach Mark Wedel:
>
> > >  Charisma is an odd stat - at the with the skill code, it gets put
> > > to some better use.  But without skill code, charisma has no real
> >
> > Where in the skill code do you need charisma?
>
>  I notice that singing and oratory use charisma.  This will perhaps get
> increased as more skills are added.

	Yes. However these (currently) arent very great skills (yet).
	I have been meaning to get back to tuning these to be more
	usefull. Respectively, singing and oratory: pacify (once)
	hostile creatures and make nuetral/friendly creatures your
	followers who will fight for you. You gain xp in the Cha-based
	"personality" exp category by having your followers kill
	stuff.

	With a low value of Cha, you will almost never succeed in
	gaining followers/pacifying baddies (in fact, low Cha
	players are more likely to make nuetral characters hostile
	by using "oratory").

	Cha is also used by the spell code some too btw.

					b.t.